Baked Zucchini Dipping Sticks
These Baked Zucchini Dipping Sticks are a great and convenient way to get those much needed healthy veggies into your kids and families diet in a tasty way. This is an easy way to keep the new years good habits train moving forward, or if you’ve gotten off track and easy way to get back on track.
- 2-3 zucchini sliced into 3″ x 1/2″ sticks
- 1 large (free range) egg
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Pink Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Sides: 1 cup Marinara Dipping Sauce and/or 1 cup Ranch or Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°
In a small bowl, beat egg and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the bread and cheese, . Process in quick pulses until the bread has become coarse breadcrumbs, and the nuggets are blended in evenly. Transfer the mixture to a shallow bowl and set aside.
Coat baking sheet with coconut oil or avocado oil and set aside.
Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top.
- Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer on the lined baking sheets.
- Drizzle the coated zucchini evenly with coconut oil or avocado oil, then bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley and with a bowl of marinara sauce alongside.
Join Us or Like us with these buttons