A fast and easy snack with the look of CHOCOLATE… but contains 3x as much calcium!
If you love the taste of chocolate, but are interested in improving the beneficial foods you eat, Carob may be your saving grace. What is Carob? Carob powder may look like cocoa powder but it has it’s own flavor. Unlike chocolate, not a lot of sweetener is needed to make it taste good. Carob is a tropical pod with a sweet pulp. It’s ground into a powder after the pulp is dried and roasted.
Benefits of Carob:
- Low in fat
- High in fiber and protein
- Alkaline Food
- Doesn’t contain caffeine and is not addictive
- Safe for dogs (unlike chocolate)
How to make Carob Bark
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Carob Powder
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Pure Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup Craisins, Nuts or Trail Mix
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Melt coconut oil over medium – low heat.
- Add all other ingredients to pan of melted coconut oil.
- Pour combination onto wax paper lined cookie sheet and spread.
- Refrigerate until solid, approximately 20 minutes.
- After it’s hardened, break into pieces and enjoy without guilt
How to Store:
Carob Bark should be stored in a refrigerator.Share if you Care: "Spread The Health"