Chicken & Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
1lb Free Range boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (cubed)
2 1/2 cup Quinoa (rinsed)
12 oz fresh broccoli florets
4 1/2 cup Chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp pesto
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 cups fresh organic spinach
12 oz mozzarella
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously cover a 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place the quinoa in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Steam Fresh Broccoli florets for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan bring the broth, pesto, salt and 1/2 cup coconut milk to a boil. Whisk the other ½ cup coconut milk and coconut flour; add the mixture to the boiling liquid and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
- Add this mix to the quinoa followed by the spinach, and lay the Chicken cubes over the top of the quinoa mixture. Add the parmesan and 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
- Take the quinoa casserole out of the oven and mix in the broccoli. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the quinoa and broccoli and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. If you like you can add more parmesan cheese over the top as well.I place my casserole under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until its golden / brown on the.
Serve while still warm with a Smile!
Join Us or Like us with these buttons