Delicious Lentil Stew
Lentils are a high protein, high fiber member of the legume family. Lentils come in a variety of colors with the most popular being green or brown. These little beans prevent constipation and are great for your heart, helping reduce the risk of heart disease. This lentil stew recipe will keep your whole family warm on these cool fall nights!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
3/4 lb. Italian sausage links
1 cup dried lentils
1 tbsp. olive oil
6 cups mustard greens, stems removed and torn
2 onions, chopped
6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add in oil and allow to heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the sausage and cook 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add in the onions and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add in the mustard greens, broth, lentils, sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Join Us or Like us with these buttons