This recipe for Steak Chili adds some much needed cholesterol-lowering fiber to your diet through kidney beans! Kidney beans are a superfood packed with fiber, protein, Vitamin B and nutrients to kickstart heart health.
And, this is a great way to share a REAL food recipe with family and friends on game night or cold winter days!
Tip: When using canned foods, make sure the cans are BPA-free.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
2 lb. grass-fed steak, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 green chile pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 cans (29 oz.) organic diced tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (15 oz.) organic kidney beans, drained
1 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. chili powder
- In a Dutch oven over medium high heat, cook steak in hot oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the steak is browned on the outside.
- Add in the garlic, onion, and chile pepper.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and kidney beans.
- Stir well and turn the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!Please "Like" and "Share"
Join Us or Like us with these buttons